Re: How to track patches and debian versions of packages

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In the process of converting my packages to the new 3.0 source format,
> I'd like to log somewhere that a certain patch was applied for the
> first time in a certain debian version of a given package.
>
> Is there a DEP3 header for that, or maybe such information is not
> supposed to be in the patches themselves?

There's no dedicated field for that but I suppose you can put it in the
description if you wish.

Note however that I expect the maintainer adding a new patch to say it
explicitly in the changelog. Of course editing old entries to give the new
name of the patch file might be overkill however.

> May I use "X-whatever:" for non-standard headers, in the RFC2822 spirit?

Sure.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog