Re: Changes in dpkg Pre-Depends

[Keegan Quinn]
> Guillem Jover wrote:
> >It's one of the few native packages (if not the only one) that is still
> >statically linking.
>
> dpkg appears to be dynamically linked on my unstable/amd64 box:

It is dynamically linked to some libraries, staticly linked to others.
Guillem is proposing to dynamically link to all of them.

I agree with everything in the original proposal.  The main reason not
to link dpkg dynamically to libbz2 etc. is robustness - but I haven't
worried about Debian's library handling robustness for a long time.
(When was the last time I installed 'sash'?  8 years ago?)
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/