Re: Status of systemtap in Debian

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 03:00:13PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 18/02/10 at 14:31 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > I's only a few hundreds of megabytes per kernel image.
> >
> > Its around half a GiB per image.
>
> Isn't that a correct instance of "a few hundreds of megabytes"? :)
>
> > > Some games or debug packages require more space than that. I don't
> > > think it's worth deploying an infrastructure just for that.
> >
> > Did you actually check that? In unstable I found 2 packages larger than
> > 500MiB and less then 10 over 200MiB. None of them is contains debugging
> > information.
>
> Someone else did on IRC, but apparently he computed the aggregate size
> per source package, which isn't the same thing.

With distinct (package,architecture,version), it gives (in MB) per source among all architectures:
                source                 | total
---------------------------------------+-------
 qt4-x11                               |  9911
 kdepim                                |  4408
 webkit                                |  3655
 kde4libs                              |  3004
 xulrunner                             |  2821
 koffice                               |  2784
 openoffice.org                        |  2719

Complete resukts at
http://alioth.debian.org/~spaillard/dbg-size-per-source-result
http://alioth.debian.org/~spaillard/dbg-size-per-source

Some figures about the space used for -dbg packages versus all packages (up to
25%!):
http://alioth.debian.org/~spaillard/dbg-size-per-arch-result

--
Simon Paillard