Re: Status of systemtap in Debian

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 15:00 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 18/02/10 at 14:31 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > I's only a few hundreds of megabytes per kernel image.
> >
> > Its around half a GiB per image.
>
> Isn't that a correct instance of "a few hundreds of megabytes"? :)
[...]

I would object more to the 'only'.

Currently I can upload a ~230 MB i386 build in 2 hours or so.  Add debug
info to this for all 6 images and I'm looking at more than a day, by
which point I believe the incoming daemon would have given up waiting
for a complete upload.  Even if I switched to source+binary-all uploads,
some of our buildds are also on the slow end of an ADSL line and would
have the same problem.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings