Mass bug filing for python-apt API transition

Hi,

as some of you already know, python-apt received a new
API (sometimes called 0.8 API). We intent to drop the old API
for Squeeze+1, and thus ask you to upgrade your packages to
use the new API.

Mass bug filing
---------------
On Friday, I will start reporting bugs on the packages
in the Debian BTS listed below, with a patch if easily
possible. All bugs will include the following information:

	User: deity@lists.debian.org
	Usertags: python-apt-0-8-api

Upgrading to the new python-apt API
-----------------------------------
Please see "What’s New In python-apt 0.7.100" in the documentation
for information on how to update.

Further API breaks
------------------
Further API breaks will be limited, but there may be some
smaller ones where absolutely needed. If you find some API
issues, or would like to see something renamed, please tell
me before I start mass bug filing.

After the Debian Squeeze release / Ubuntu Lucid release
The first upload after the Squeeze release will drop the old
API and will get a 'Breaks' for all packages which have not
been adjusted yet. All not-fixed bugs will become release
critical then.

The same procedure should be applied to Ubuntu, where
the old API should be dropped for the 10.10 release.

---------
If you reply to this email, please keep deity@lists.debian.org
CCed. I have also CCed ubuntu-devel-discuss, in case they
want to add something; but replies should not be sent
there.

Packages depending on python-apt
---------------------------------
APT Development Team <deity@lists.debian.org>
   apt
   python-apt

Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@debian.org>
   tla-buildpackage

Fabrice Coutadeur <coutadeurf@gmail.com>
   aptoncd

Cameron Dale <camrdale@gmail.com>
   apt-p2p
   debtorrent

Julien Danjou <acid@debian.org>
   rebuildd

Debian Bazaar Maintainers <pkg-bazaar-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   bzr-builddeb

Debian GNOME Maintainers <pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   update-manager
   update-notifier

Debian python-debian Maintainers <pkg-python-debian-maint@lists.alioth.debian.org>
   python-debian

Sebastian Dröge <slomo@debian.org>
   gnome-codec-install

Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
   ubuntu-dev-tools

Gustavo Franco <stratus@debian.org>
   gdebi

Christoph Goehre <christoph.goehre@gmx.de>
   mini-dinstall

Sami Haahtinen <ressu@debian.org>
   bcfg2

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org>
   apt-listchanges

Chris Halls <halls@debian.org>
   apt-proxy

Andreas Hoenen <andreas@hoenen-terstappen.de>
   dblatex

Julian Andres Klode <jak@debian.org>
   aptdaemon
   computer-janitor
   software-center

A Mennucc1 <mennucc1@debian.org>
   debdelta

Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org>
   apt-forktracer

Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org>
   debpartial-mirror
   python-cdd

Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
   software-properties

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo <jsogo@debian.org>
   dogtail

Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org>
   reportbug-ng

Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org>
   unattended-upgrades

Colin Watson <cjwatson@ubuntu.com>
   germinate

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
   debsecan

Graham Williams <Graham.Williams@togaware.com>
   wajig

Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org>
   apt-xapian-index

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.