Re: Possible DDPOMail improvements?

On 14/02/10 at 08:56 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> I'd like to echo buxy's suggestion about a web-based version, which
> would satisfy #461898.

I don't think that we should add another "view". We already have the PTS
(package-centric), DDPO (maintainer/team-centric) and PET
(maintainer/team-centric, with a focus on VCS). Adding more ways to
provide about the same information increases the risk of missing some
information.

However, what could be done is to rewrite DDPO in a more "modern" way,
leveraging UDD (as DDPO-by-mail does). Since almost all the data is
already in UDD, it's mainly a matter of doing the web frontend, and it
would then be possible, if properly designed, to provide both a "general
listing" view (like the current DDPO), and a TODO list. That would be a
nice Debcamp project.

> RC bugs in stable would be nice if we can get a way to tag them
> "wontfix-in-stable". Because not all RC bugs affecting stable will
> be fixed by stable updates and they should not clutter this report
> indefinitely. (I know we can tag the bug "sid squeeze" to indicate
> that the bug only applies to those distributions but that's not what I'm
> saying above)

That might indeed be a nice addition.