Re: Can quilt delete files?

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 16:56:05 +0100, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Thomas,

> I'm triing to package a little java library, which contains its own .jar
> and some pregenerated docs. These files should be regenerated on build
time.
> So I'd like to have them removed by diff.gz

As a general guideline, generated files should be stripped from "original"
source tarballs.
If you choose to keep them in orig.tar.{gz,bz2}, it's complicated for
others people (FTP Masters, reviewers, ...)
to ensure there is not binary blob or non-free stuff inside your package.

Cheers,
--
Damien - Debian Developper
http://wiki.debian.org/DamienRaudeMorvan