Re: Has Debian abandoned Python?

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 05:06:40PM +0900, Angus wrote:
> Python3 was released upstream exactly 1 year ago, but Python3.* still
> hasn't been released in Debian Unstable.
> Hell, even the even older Python2.6 is not there yet.
>
> I appreciate all the hard work that needs to done to maintain
> packages, but if you're going to maintain packages as important as
> these, take some responsibility already and make the effort! Or
> otherwise, let someone else do it (like me).
>
> Does Debian even have a roadmap for Python? If there is any, I'm not
> seeing it. At least be transparent about your tardiness.
>
> [/rant]

If you really want to help, read the mail archive of the debian-python
mailing list [1] (optionally hang out in the IRC channel), and get
an idea of what the problem is.
I also advise to take a look to the archive to people participating
in this thread who has not been following the list. If you are lazy,
just look for all the emails from Matthias in the python list.

Ana

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/