Re: defaulting to net.ipv6.bindv6only=1 for squeeze

On Oct 25, Jarek Kami?ski <jarek@vilo.eu.org> wrote:

> I run this configuration on most of my systems and don't have many
> problems. There was some problem with apache, but it's now fixed. Also
> java is broken and my bug report got ignored by sun, but it should be
> easy patchable (preloading socket() and calling setsockopt(IPV6_V6ONLY)
> works for me).
http://www.linux.it/~md/software/v6only.tgz
(Also a good teaching example about hijacking system calls!)

And now that Java has been freed I suppose that this bug can be fixed
for good... Can't it?

> There were also some problems with dovecot listening on either 0.0.0.0,
> or [::], but I don't remember details nor know they current state.
Fixed long ago.

> I don't remember any problems with vmware, but I don't use it now. Maybe
> I was connecting to it only with IPv6.
I was referring to vmware server, BTW.

--
ciao,