/var/www is depracated, which directory to use?

Hi,

currently munin ships some file(s) in /var/www/munin/ and also puts its
generated graphs there. This location has been depracted and we, the munin
maintainers, would like to come up with a new location for squeeze.

The way I read
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SRVDATAFORSERVICESPROVIDEDBYSYSTEM
/srv/munin would be the proper location for our purpose, but I know that some
people disagree, claiming that /srv is only to be used by the local admins.

As I read it, no package should remove files there, but placing files there
should be fine. What's more important, I don't see which location is better
suited.

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/dir-or-file-in-var-www.html nor debian-policy
is helpful to resolve this issue - so I would like to discuss this here and
come up with a good solution.

Suggestions?

regards,
	Holger