Re: Fields used in packages

> George Danchev wrote:
> > I've recently done a little survey about the fields used in our control
> > files (*_Release files excluded). Currently there are ~80 different
> > fields [1] used in testing and unstable, which basically fall into these
> > groups:
>
> Looks like you did not include udebs in your survey, which use:
> XB-Installer-Menu-Item (some: XB-installer-menu-item)
> XB-Kernel-Version
> XB-Subarchitecture
> XC-Package-Type (some: XB-Package-Type)

You are correct, I missed these either because dpkg-scanpackages has not been
invoked with -tudeb or udebs are not built for the official archive. I'll
investigate further how to tackle these as well.

> and:
> Submit-As (in installation-report; apparently used by reportbug?)

That is interesting indeed, as it is actually found in:
bug/installation-report/control:Submit-As: installation-reports

I forgot to mention that I didn't actually dissected all source packages
themselves, but processed the meta information instead as provided by:
/var/lib/dpkg/available
/var/lib/apt/lists/*_Packages
/var/lib/apt/lists/*_Sources
/var/lib/dpkg/status

here it is:
http://people.debian.org/~danchev/survey/run_survey

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>