Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> A lot has been said about CCing submitters, but what about other
> contributors? Is there any reason someone would want to comment on a
> bug report and _not_ be notified of further messaging on it?

That's not really the reason why we don't already notify other
contributors. The problem is how to figure out who already gets a copy
of the mails that are sent to a bug and doesn't need a second copy.[1]

It certainly needs to be made easier to subscribe to a bug when you
send a message to a bug, but that's a bug that is filed, and I kind of
already have a plan for doing it properly.

Don Armstrong

1: The current method that the BTS uses to handle recipients of a bug
has only recently been abstracted out, but there are still parts of
the code that specify recipients explicitely.
--
It was a very familiar voice. [...] It was a voice you could have used
to open a bottle of whine.