Re: udev and /usr

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 12:53:10PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Florian Lohoff
>
> | I have ~600 Machines in the field - all with /usr on a seperate fs - If Debian
> | is going to make seperate /usr a no-go its about 300000 Euros worth
> | of field Engineer time - swapping disks.
>
> I'm fairly sure I can sell you a small shell script that you can install
> in the initramfs on those boxes which will do the mount before init is
> started, for say, 10k€?  I'll even make it as a Debian package.

Thats not the point - The point is breaking old assumptions about
Debian beeing a Unixoid OS. It'll cost money somewhere - not necessarily
for me but probably others.

I am just making the point that this is not a lightweight decision which
can be made between 12 and lunch but one which has a lot and complicated
dependencies ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                         flo@rfc822.org
"Es ist ein grobes Missverständnis und eine Fehlwahrnehmung, dem Staat