Re: What criteria does ftpmaster use for the ‘copyright’ file of a package?

Hi Ben,

Ben Finney schrieb:
> My response was to Chris only (to the ftpmaster address), giving my
> understanding that Debian Policy §12.5 requires only the verbatim
> copyright *license terms*, not the duplication of copyright *notices*,
> to be in the ‘copyright’ file; and asking for clarification on their
> position.

policy states: "copyright and distribution license". That are 2 pieces
of information (IMHO: copyright info AND license terms).

> This isn't the first time I've been confounded by ftpmaster policy on
> this file. Exactly what is it that needs to be in the copyright file
> for ftpmaster to accept it, and what is the reasoning for that beyond
> what is in Debian Policy?

most is explained in
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html>
and the 2 links within that message.