Re: What criteria does ftpmaster use for the ‘copyright’ file of a package? (was: python-daemon_1.4.6-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 18:03 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> Howdy Chris,
>
> I'm copying this discussion to ‘debian-devel’, since I think it has
> direct bearing on the recent discussions about trying to figure out
> the actual requirements for the contents of the ‘copyright’ file.
>
> On 27-Aug-2009, Chris Lamb wrote:
> > I'm rejecting your package from NEW because your debian/copyright
> > doesn't contain the "Copyright (C) blah blah" text along with the
> > licenses.
>
> This is true; the package as originally uploaded had copyright notices
> preserved in the source, but not duplicated into the ‘copyright’ file.

Your experience seems to be covered by
http://lintian.debian.org/tags/copyright-without-copyright-notice.html
and http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html
(linked from http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html)