Re: APT hosed, segving in libapt-pkg-libc6.9-6.so.4.8.1

Michael Vogt wrote:
> It looks like this is releated to the new code that adds lzma support
> for Package file downloads and the option to configure in what order
> the compression types should be used.

That last is really excellent news! I have some slow systems where using
gzip will be *much* faster than bzip2 is.

But I missed the change (or at least its importance) during my normal
quick scan of the changelog. Could you possibly add a NEWS.Debian item
announcing the new config option (including an example maybe), and also
mentioning the new preference order?

TIA,
FJP

P.S. The new apt runs fine in my amd64-sid chroot, using my local mirror.