Re: Automatic Debug Packages

On Thu, Aug 13 2009, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

> Yes, dpkg, apt-get, aptitude and synaptic all work perfectly fine.

        The debug command addresses my concerns here.

> As I've said, there will still be a debug archive. I don't see what's
> the problem with providing *both* an archive and a share, really. If
> you can't use the latter, that's fine, use the packages.

        Oh, that's good, then.

> Furthermore, we could expand dpkg-gencontrol to accept a --extension
> option, so that you don't need to look for the package version and
> arch.

        That would be really nice.

        So, at this point, I have a somewhat pedantic issue with calling
 the same package format with two names (.deb and .ddeb), but this is
 mostly aesthetics, and not a real technical objection.

        manoj
--
It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so
ingenious.