Re: Intel Atom Poulsbo chipset Xorg driver in Debian

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:42:55AM -0700, Kushal Koolwal wrote:

> It seems that the support for Intel's Poulsbo chipset (Graphics GMA 500) for Atom processor (US15) is sparse [1].
> So far I have been able to find a driver package in Ubuntu Hardy [2].
>
> I was wondering if anyone has ideas as to if Debian will get the support for Poulsbo chipset.

From a brief look at the package in Hardy, the license would be
considered free, so I suggest you file a Request for Packaging [1] and
hopefully somebody will take you up on it.

You could also package it yourself, see [2].

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

--
Jonathan Wiltshire

PGP/GPG: 0xDB800B52 / 4216 F01F DCA9 21AC F3D3  A903 CA6B EA3E DB80 0B52