Re: Linux-libre for Debian Lenny

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:36:50AM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> no point in posting that to devel announce.
> this work is pointless and has no review at all by the debian kernel team.

Hi Max,

At the risk of repeating myself, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank
you for the very noticeable progress in removing non-free blobs from the sid
version of linux-2.6.  Looking at the bugs I reported, it appears that all
of them have been fixed except #494119, #494120 and #494122.  I think there
were a few others, but we're no doubt in the right direction.

I'll keep looking forward to a fully free linux-2.6 in Squeeze that will make
Linux-libre unnecessary for Debian users.  In the meantime, Lenny users who
want to run a free system also have an option.  I guess we made everyone happy
already? :-)

--
Robert Millan