Can we ship sources of a PDF file in the Debian diff? (was: Re: phyml_20081203-1_powerpc.changes REJECTED)

Le Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 01:42:04PM +0000, Joerg Jaspert a écrit :
> Hi Maintainer,
>
> rejected, i think we are missing the source for the pdf in doc/.

Almost two monthes of waiting to read this…

I have re-uploaded to non-free because I am sick of wasting my time with this
kind of issue. But since in the rejected package I had taken great care to
include uuencoded sources of the PDF and explained this in REAME.source, can
you confirm this was not acceptable for Debian and that shipping sources in the
Debian diff is not enough?

I have put -devel in CC because it is probably a useful information for other
developers.

Bonus question: after we shift to the version 3.0 (quilt) of the source
packages, will it be acceptable or not that a file from one tarball has its
source in another one?

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,