Re: Work-needing packages report for Apr 24, 2009

Le Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:27:32AM +0000, wnpp@debian.org a écrit :

>    mktemp (#524755), orphaned 4 days ago
>      Installations reported by Popcon: 84509

Hi Clint,

you wrote in the WNPP bug:

  I intend to orphan the mktemp package.

  The package description is:
   This package provides a utility designed to make temporary
   file handling in shell scripts simple and secure.

  It should be replaced entirely by the mktemp in coreutils.

Wouldn't a request for removal be more suitable in that case? (provided that
the corutils maintainers start to distribute mktemp in their binary packages).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan