Re: Consistent formating long descriptions as input data (Was: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions)

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Don Armstrong wrote:

There's no point to defining rules without a working implementation,
because we don't know what the rules should be. Once there is a
working implementation that works for a reasonable majority of the
descriptions, we can define rules based on the implementation, and
then file bugs against those few descriptions which are problematic
according to the rules.

Hmm, considering the discussion which went quite badly you probably
have a point.  But how would you implement lintian checks for
"works with markdown".  You have less chances to verify whether
the result is really what the author intended to express.  I probably
will calm down a bit in this issue and will think about it.  You
certainly have a point that the motivation to implement my suggestion
is void as long as there is no need.  I started from the other end:
There is no point in implementing better markup for the Blends pages
if I know from the beginning that I will end up with broken pages
for an undetermined time.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--