Re: Consistent formating long descriptions as input data (Was: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions)

ti, 2009-04-21 kello 12:00 +0200, Andreas Tille kirjoitti:
> In principle this is fine as well.  That's why my initial mail[1]
> said "This suggestion is far from complete and should be enhanced."
> If there is a need to relax my strictly German habit to trimm
> everything very tidy - people should have told me so.

Very well: your tendency towards strict consistency needs to be
relaxed. :)

Thus as far as I can see there is a rough consensus and the following
should happen:

* packages.debian.org needs to be modified to use markdown
* GUI package managers need similar modification
* other places that format long descriptions need similar changes
* once at least packages.d.o works, someone needs to write a Policy
change (5.6.13 needs to refer to markdown).
* once the Policy has been changed, bugs for the handful of packages
that are problematic need to be filed, perhaps with patches

Anything else?