Re: About the current state of the Yum package in Lenny

+ William Pitcock (Fri, 17 Apr 2009 04:49:58 -0500):

> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 16:25 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > Luk Claes wrote:
> > > I'm afraid it's too invasive to be included, though I would propose to
> > > upload it to backports.org.

> > Then can the current broken version of yum be removed of Stable? It
> > makes absolutely no sense to keep a software that doesn't work in the
> > distribution.

> I call bollocks here. I am using the version of yum in stable right now
> to yield perfectly working virtual machine filesystems.

> How is it "broken" when it is working as expected on production servers?

Please do not drop d-release from CC. How do you expect for the package
not to be removed if you prevent relevant information from reaching the
appropriate team? Omnipresent Release Managers?

Thanks,

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.