Re: dash as default /bin/sh and bashisms-free archive RGs

On Thu, Apr 16 2009, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Le mercredi 15 avril 2009 à 23:05 -0500, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>>         So, no, policy does not just document current practice. Policy
>>  tries to document what is right.
>
> I think it should be both. When we do things right, they should be
> specified in the Policy,

        Thisis covered under "Policy tries to document what is right"

> and there’s no point specifying what is right if nothing implements
> it.

        Huh? Seems like if we know what is right and desirable, policy
 documents it (perhaps only as a recommendation), so there is clear
 guidance for how things should be implemented in the future, and so no
 conflicting set of inferior implementations appear.

        manoj
--
You are an insult to my intelligence!  I demand that you log off
immediately.