Re: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 04:01:20AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>         Umm. I am not sure that follows. I am also not convinced we need
>  to invent our own rules. Text::Markdown or Text::MultiMarkdown could
>  help. And they do not seem to have issues with recognizing
>  indentation/different characters as denoting levels of lists.

Character-level formatting of markdown as well?

Two examples:

* From abcmidi:

 This package contains the programs `abc2midi' and `midi2abc',  which

* From alltray:

 KDE, XFCE 4*, Fluxbox* and WindowMaker*.
 (*) No drag 'n drop support. Enable with "-nm" option.