Re: debian/copyright verbosity

+ Ben Finney (Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:44:48 +1000):

> Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> writes:

> > How is your work on a useful summary of kdebase-workspace going ?

> I do wish this tiresome rhetorical non-argument would stop cropping up.
> Are we not able to discuss the purpose of ‘debian/copyright’ without the
> false dichotomy of “have you solved all the problems yet”?

In my opinion, it makes no sense to discuss the purpose of
debian/copyright in the abstract, that is, without having prominently in
mind what is that *we* can *sensibly* achieve. Anything else is mental
masturbation, and hopefully we’re not here for that.

I realize this may not fit your view of how things should be done, and I
understand such position, but at some point you’re going to need to
realize that sometimes a project can use one following suit better than
one’s own rightfulness. I know this by experience.

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.