Getting Gnome installable again

Hi colleagues,

I got my fixed laptop and wanted to re-install everything to continue
TeX development. Well, unfortunately it seems that gnome is not
installable, due to a missing library everything depends on via
libcanberra, the libltdl3. Strange enough it is present in squeeze, but
NOT in sid. Bummer.

Any idea how to circumvent that but wait forever and a day till new
canberra goes through NEW and in the meantime many other things break?

Best wishes

Norbert

NETHER POPPLETON (n. obs.)
A pair of P.J.Proby's trousers.