Re: dash as default /bin/sh and bashisms-free archive RGs

Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Apr 12, Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't have a list at hand (I do have a sort of list in another machine
>> which is unreachable atm); but the first one that comes to my mind is the
>> use of 'type', it's output is unreliable and in some shell interpreters
>> it is not implemented. Another one is 'ulimit'.
> If you want to propose something like this then you are really supposed
> to provide details of what exactly you want to change and estimates of
> how many packages will have to be modified.

Like I said, I have a list on another machine which, after some
investigation, appears to have a hw failure.
I can provide some figures based on the last archive-wide checkbashisms run
that included all those issues that were not relevant for the dash RG.
Saying that there are around 100 packages, or even less, that would be
affected by this RG is, IMO, close to reality.

Cheers,
Raphael Geissert