KDE/Qt Package Manager (Re: Google Summer of Code 2009: Debian's Shortlist)

Obey Arthur Liu wrote:
* KDE/Qt4 Adept 3.0 Package Manager *
-------------------------------------
Student: Mateusz Marek, Mentor: *NEEDS MENTOR, see below.*

    Finish Adept 3.0, a fully integrated package manager for Qt4/KDE4.
Adept is currently the only viable path to a Debian native package
manager on KDE that would support modern features such as tags, indexed
search or good conflict resolving. With Aptitude-gtk still in
development and only available for GTK+ and (K)PackageKit having
fundamental problems, Debian needs this project to stay in control of
its package management on KDE after much neglect in the recent years.
At the risk of repeating myself, what are the fundamental problems in (K)PackageKit?

I have no issue with Adept, and I would love to see a good Qt/KDE package manager, but if we're to get KPackageKit, I'd like to be sure that we won't sponsor yet another APT front-end that won't be used.