Re: Location of Packages and Translation files seem to have changed since yesterday

+ Andreas Tille (Wed, 08 Apr 2009 09:59:32 +0200):

> Hi,
> while building Blends tasks pages I used to parse the packages file
>    http://ftp.debian.org/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz

> this does not exist any more and I have to add a directory 'debian'
>    http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz

In every mirror, Debian stuff lives under /debian, and AFAIK that’s the
way it’s always been. Mirrors normally carry many other stuff than
Debian, and of course it wouldn’t make sense to get/ask for /dists and
/pool in the top-level directory.

For example, Ubuntu lives in /ubuntu, so if a mirror does both Debian
and Ubuntu, /debian/dists and /ubuntu/dists can co-exist nicely.

HTH,

--
- Are you sure we're good?
- Always.