Location of Packages and Translation files seem to have changed since yesterday

Hi,

while building Blends tasks pages I used to parse the packages file

   http://ftp.debian.org/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz

this does not exist any more and I have to add a directory 'debian'

   http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz

to access the packages file.  I also wonder why the page

   http://ftp.debian.org/

says:

   This FTP server belongs to Academic Computer Club, Umeå University. Technical information is available here.

Moreover I noticed that the translation files I obtained from

   http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/

are not available as gz any more but only as bz2.

Did anything changed that should have been announced?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de