Re: How to depend on 32bit libs on amd64? (and what to do with ia32-libs)

Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org> writes:

> [Goswin von Brederlow]
>> Currently ia32-libs source builds one ia32-libs.deb. Not split up per
>> binary package it contains.
>
> Yes but I thought we were talking about changing that, so that it
> builds ia32-libc6, ia32-libssl0.9.8, etc.  That is how I understood
> Dato's proposal, which I think is probably the most sensible solution
> I have seen so far.
>
>> And yes, uploading a new source that builds a deb with the same
>> version as the last source will cause DAK to reject the upload.
>
> That's a problem, then.

Avoidable by splitting the source package and not just building
seperate debs.

The problem with the solution is that ftpmaster would reject
the 50+ new source packages for ia32-lib* because of the source
duplication.

MfG
        Goswin