Re: This topic died off; any resolution?

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>
> >         My slight preference is a script with a well known name, since
> >  that script can then be extracted and used by DEHS/PTS like systems,
> >  without requireing that the whole source be unpoacked and
> >  ./debian/rules be runnable (I have sanity checks in my debian/rules)
>
> A (minor) problem with an external script is that dpkg-source won't make
> it executable, so you have to make it executable before running it (or
> assume what language it's written in, which seems like a bad move).

A problem which is also solved with format 3.0 (quilt) since the debian
files are now stored in a tarball.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/