Re: Re: grouping of alternative depends

Holger Levsen wrote:
Hi,

On Sonntag, 29. März 2009, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> Hm? Your original mail said you wanted:
>     Depends: (pdns-backend-ldap + pdns-recursor) | bind9
> How does installing bind9 plus pdns-backend-ldap not satisfy the above?

Sure it does satisfy the depends, but installing pdns-backup-ldap is not needed in that case, thus I consider this buggy.
I don't understand what you mean. What do you consider buggy?
[...]

regards,
Holger, who just skimmed over the dpkg bugs and was horrified by such gems as #1555 [w| | ] [dselect] dselect per-screen-half focus request #4448 [w| |=] [dselect] [PERF] dselect performance gripe (disk method doing dpkg -iGROEB) #4989 [w| | ] [dselect] dselect conflict resolution screen should mention "replaces" #6019 [w| | ] [dselect] repeated identical conflicts messages #6486 [w| | ] [dselect] should have a Tk version, mention multiple available versions etc

Does dselect still have valid uses cases?
The dpkg maintainers may know better, but at least wajig depends on it (never used that). Regardless, it's still in the archive... Note that these reports should be assigned to the dselect package.