Re: Proposed hook to tag bugs as pending

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, sean finney wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 09:48:29PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Most probably yes. You would have similar problems when merging branches
> > too. In the dpkg repo we merged the lenny branch in master regularly and
> > it would have lead to the same problem as the commits would have been
> > scanned twice (once while pushing lenny and once while pushing master).
>
> i think that's really a problem with the BTS itself: "pending" is less
> useful if you have more than one active line of development.

This is what usertags become increasingly useful for.

You can do things like fixed-in-branch-foo for the
packagename@packages.debian.org user so they'll show up for everyone
by default.

Don Armstrong

--
We have to face the fact that either all of us are going to die
together or we are going to learn to live together and if we are to