Re: Proposed hook to tag bugs as pending

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 09:49:14PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> However, this will behave horribly when the run of git-dch or whatever
> tool is committed, since it will want to mark all the bugs as pending
> again; that’s the part where I need suggestions. I’d rather not have the
> hook need any configuration, and making it stateful is definitely out of
> questions. Maybe it should treat the bug numbers from debian/changelog
> as “untrusted”, and only send the message if they are not tagged pending
> already (by doing a SOAP request)?

the hook needs configuration anyway, if you want to do things like add
cc addresses, specify urls or mailing lists, etc.  in both of our scripts
we're already ussing hooks.foo from the git config, so i'd suggest having
a "metachangelog" and "metacommit" setting to scan for the metainfo in
the changelog and metacommit respectively.

	sean