Re: [dissenting]: Proposal: Enhance requirements for General resolutions

Le Wednesday 25 March 2009 16:45:59 Russ Allbery, vous avez écrit :
> > There was clearly a need for those GR, so raisong the number of
> > seconders would just have the consequence to prevent us from voting on
> > important topics.
>
> FWIW, it is not at all clear to me that there was any need for either of
> those GRs (particularly 2008_002, which did indeed strike me as a waste of
> the GR process).

Well, even if I would agree with you, apparently this GR had 21 supporters..
Far from the idea of some abuse from a small number of developpers.

So clearly, this proposition would not even "solve" this "issue".

> Note that the effective conclusion of both of those GRs was to do what was
> happening anyway and would have happened without the GRs, apart from the
> secondary effects of making the whole thing more confrontational.

For 2008_002 in particular, there was a clear need of such a decision, since
the previous announce had been made as if it was about to happen while there
was apprently no consensus for it.

Romain