Re: xine-lib transition: packages must depend on libxine1-x or libxine1-console, as needed

* Darren Salt [Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:01:15 +0000]:

> >> Debian Python Modules Team <python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> >>   pyxine

> > We only build-dep on "libxine-dev" and depends are brought in by substvar,
> > so a binNMU should be enough to update dependencies.

> No; you need to explicitly depend on libxine1-x or libxine1-console, or
> packages which depend on python-pyxine must depend on one of these.

I think, if pyxine are just Python bindings for libxine, that it’s
appropriate for it not to depend on either flavour, and indeed expect
that packages using pyxine will add the appropriate flavoured
dependency.

Cheers,

--
- Are you sure we're good?