Re: Please Improve Debian for Multimedia Production

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009, Jim wrote:

Hi. I took the suggestion of one of the replies to your original post
and read about debian pure blends, and at first I thought demudi was a
pure blend;

At the time of writing the DeMuDi project *intended* to become 100%
Debian - but this intend was not fullfilled finally.

it's listed as one of the projects but is not actually a
pure blend, which I guess means they might have updated apps and
specifically compiled kernels to support various pro audio needs.

Yes, DeMuDi does not fall under the definition of a Blend.  But
this is no reason not to start a new effort inside Debian to
support multimedia.

I'd like to see Demudi become a pure blend. What are the issues?

If you ask me - just go for it.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--