Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Note: I’m not contesting the need for the license check. This one is
> useful, and strictly checking the accuracy of licenses in
> debian/copyright is clearly needed. But I don’t think there’s any
> use having an up-to-date list of copyright holders in there.

You don't think the correct copyright status information should be in
the package at all? Or you don't think it should be in a single
documented location?

--
 \     “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, but |
  `\          where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of |