Re: To the aqualung NMUer....

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> It would have been great if you write the progress in your bug
> report - including that you are almost ready and just awaiting
> sponsorship.

This would definetly be useful, as it would help someone from wasting
time preparing the NMU in the first place, but it certainly doesn't
excuse making NMUs without notifying the maintainer beforehand.

> And it would also be great if you would say thank you to people fixing
> your packages helping transitions.

Help is certainly useful, but there's still no message to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=517466 regarding the
actual patch that was used to NMU, nor any message before the NMU
regarding intent to NMU.

All of that should happen before uploading an NMU, and certainly
should have happened by now.

Don Armstrong

--
Where am I? THE VILLAGE. What do you want? INFORMATION. Which side are
you on? THAT WOULD BE TELLING. WE WANT INFORMATION. INFORMATION.