Re: Support of new source packages in squeeze

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 10:19:15PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> as announced earlier during the lenny dev cycle, I would like to switch to
> the new source package formats ("3.0 (quilt)" and "3.0 (native)") during
> the squeeze cycle so that we can benefit from the numerous improvements.
> For this kind of important change, it's best to start early in the release
> cycle.

Right. And thanks for the reminder!

> All in all, things are in a rather good shape but I still need some help.
> While I tested extensively the dpkg-source side, we still need to ensure
> that all our additional tools cope well with the new source package
> format (*-buildpackage, apt-get source, lintian, devscripts, dput/dupload,
> etc.). I know several tools in devscripts have already been fixed/enhanced
> in that regard. Please try using new source packages with all those tools
> (in particular if you maintain them) and file bugs if you encounter
> problems and usertag them appropriately (user hertzog@debian.org /
> tag 3.0-quilt-by-default).

I can tell from svn-buildpackage which is definitely *not* ready for new
package formats. It even doesn't parse the new compression methods (bz2
is repacked to gz at the moment).
I started working on svn-bp improvements some time ago but as it turns
out I'm pretty much alone with that atm. So, I don't know when svn-bp
will be ready but everyone interested in helping please contact me! :)

Hauke