Re: Upcoming Section changes in the archive

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 09:07:35PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> We plan on changing the current sections in the archive. With the rapid
> growth of archive, many of them have become too big to be useful anymore.

I propose 'oldlibs' to be renamed to 'deprecated'.

That would also fit, for example, packages abandoned upstream, or
packages that have a better alternative, but that still have users.

It will also provide a path for planning removals of packages from the
archive, when the maintainer is still ok with maintaining a package and
fixing its bugs, but in his/her long term plan the package should
eventually go away.

Ciao,

Enrico