Re: Security Issue of .desktop files

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:32:57 -0300, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> > By who? The Browser? Fix the browser?
>
> Please take a look at all the discussion in the bug reports, I don't
> think we need to repeat all the argumentation here.

I think Yves is saying that the launcher issue is (and always was)
correctly handled in the XFCE desktop.  This is a GNOME/KDE-specific
problem. If the browser (iceweasel, epiphany, etc) handles the
launchers via its own means, then there still may be a problem, but
that would certainly not be the fault of the desktop environment.

If there are indeed vectors for attacks via browsers, then bugs should
certainly be reported against their BTS's.  But first, please determine
whether the vector exists.

Best wishes,
Mike