Re: Klear / Missing software in Debian?

Hi,

Hello. I noticed Klear (www.klear.org) is missing from
Debian pool. It is pleasant looking DVB digi-TV viewer.
It can be found from Ubuntu. While now I noticed Klear
has freezed, I already listed 50+ feature changes and wishes.
With a couple of changes and with subtitles, Klear
would be nice application. Maybe I will take a look at it.

hmm, no SVN commits for 12 months, no release for 18 months, not much traffic in the forum. I wonder whether the project is still alive.

What are the benefits of klear compared to kaffeine?

Have you collected a list of useful software which are not
in Debian? Similar gems as Klear could be found.

Perhaps we should collect the list. That is easier than actually
making the Debian packages for the software.

This list exists already:
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

Joachim