Re: Python related changes for unstable/squeeze

OoO Lors  de la soirée naissante  du mardi 17 février  2009, vers 17:09,
Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> disait :

>> This is not a technical problem. The technical divergences can be solved
>> if consensus is reached about them or if a decision body (TC or GR)
>> forces them. This is purely a person problem: Matthias is clearly not
>> willing to maintain python-central correctly nor to make it evolve
>> according to the needs of developers. These are two very good reasons to
>> keep maintaining an alternative.

> Hint: it takes two to discuss. If I were Matthias and would read those
> statements,  I probably  wouldnt see  added  value in  talking to  you
> neither.

IMO,  this is unfortunate  but it  is really  difficult to  discuss with
Matthias. Most comments are just ignored.

For example:
Matthias made a  short statement about the problem  and ignored the rest
of  the discussion.  I had  to switch  to python-central  to  solve this
bug. Josselin added a functionality to python-support to circumvent this
limitation.

Here is another example:
Some fixes  were proposed  to circumvent this  problem but bug  was just
marked as "won't fix". This  hits all users using easy_install (which is
fairly popular among Python developers). And this bug is in Lenny.
--
A TRAINED APE COULD NOT TEACH GYM
A TRAINED APE COULD NOT TEACH GYM
A TRAINED APE COULD NOT TEACH GYM
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode AABF15