Re: Python related changes for unstable/squeeze

Hey,

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 17:09 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > But it takes at least
> > two persons to discuss, and Matthias has been ignoring all technical
> > discussions about Python packaging for years.
> >
> > This is not a technical problem. The technical divergences can be solved
> > if consensus is reached about them or if a decision body (TC or GR)
> > forces them. This is purely a person problem: Matthias is clearly not
> > willing to maintain python-central correctly nor to make it evolve
> > according to the needs of developers. These are two very good reasons to
> > keep maintaining an alternative.
>
> Hint: it takes two to discuss. If I were Matthias and would read those
> statements, I probably wouldnt see added value in talking to you neither.

As someone who has been following this discussion from the beginning, I
have to disagree with you. Josselin has been actively pointing
technical, practical reasons to implement the solution in a way which is
different to that Matthias chooses to implement.

>From my perspective Matthias failed to respond to that criticism, and
ignored the possibility of consensus building taking advantage of the
fact that he maintains the Python interpreter packages (and the fact
that he is able to push things 100% his way into Ubuntu).

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha <kov@debian.org>
Debian Project