Re: Python related changes for unstable/squeeze

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> Local installation path
> -----------------------
[…]

>  - /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/dist-packages (installation location for code
>    packaged for Debian)
>  - /usr/local/lib/pythonX.Y/dist-packages (installation location
>    for locally installed code using distutils install without
>    options).
>
> The path /usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages is not found on sys.path
> anymore.
>
> About the name: Discussed this with Barry Warsaw and Martin v. Loewis,
> and we came to the conclusion that using the same directory name for
> both locations would be the most consistent way.

I like this change; it's a good step toward making Python distribution
work on Debian more like everything else on Debian. Congratulations
for all involved in making this happen, and thank you for discussing
(and getting consensus) with the Python core developers too.

--
 \        “There are no significant bugs in our released software that |
  `\         any significant number of users want fixed.” —Bill Gates, |