Re: Override changes standard -> optional

[...]
> > I could buy that for mtr-tiny, but which average user can do anything
> > meaningful with strace so that it needs to be in standard? If you need
> > it you have bug, and the average user will report that $upstream
> > (debian, developer, wherever). And can then install it if asked to
> > strace something.
>
> Having the tool available by default means one less step that users need to
> follow in order to debug.

[...]

My main concern is that user <-> debug relation, which I doubt. "standard" is
meant for all users, not only for the developer/sysadmin subset. I do agree that
installing the debugging tool, when directed to do so, is one additional step,
but it's probably the easiest one.

Best,
Michael